Raised so far
78,784 KMsof 100,000km goal
Go the Distance: your personal distance goal contributes to the 100,000 KM community challenge.
You ride together on the path to impact. Whether riding indoors on your trainer, a solo route, or with a small team, you can do your part to stay active and to beat Parkinson's.
Set a personal distance goal that feels challenging but achievable to you. Register it with Pedaling for Parkinson's: Go the Distance, and every time you ride you'll be pushing the Go the Distance community closer to the 100,000KM cross-Canada goal.
Track your rides with Strava, Fitbit, or enter your details manually. As you progress, share your story and request donations.
You can set up your rides in any way that suits you. Will you take on your goal in one day, one week, or one month? Sign up any time between now and October 31 to make your distance count!
By supporting Pedaling for Parkinson's go the distance, you are fueling Parkinson's Research progress. Share your progress with supporters through the online fundraising tools and your social networks to support the Pedaling for Parkinson's Research Grant.
- Dominik Szopa just donated $100
- Fred & Connie Engbretson just donated $30
- Alan and Gwen Rosenfield just donated $250
- Anonymous just donated $250
- Anonymous just donated $25
- Sandra Nandoo just donated $50
- Jamie, Stacy & Ben Quick just donated $60
- Heidee Ripley just donated $50
- Kathryn McMillan just donated $25
- Diane Millar just donated $50
- James Millar just donated $175
- Ian, Anita, Catriona & Alexander just donated $100
- Murdo McLean just donated $60
- Ron,Giselle,Jack and Max just donated $50
- Alexander Stronach just donated $20
- Josephine Warwick just donated $50
- marion gignac just donated $100
- Stuart and Lynn just donated $200
- Anonymous just donated $100
- C. C. R. MEAT GOATS just donated $50
What is Pedaling for Parkinson's: Go the Distance?
We've always encouraged supporters to 'Ride their Way' as part of Pedaling for Parkinson's if one of our physical locations wasn't close or the dates didn't work. Now, we're calling on all Canadians to take on a personal challenge during this period of social distancing.
Where does my fundraising go?
Pedaling for Parkinson's supports Parkinson Canada, with proceeds dedicated to a specific Pedaling for Parkinson's Research Grant through the Parkinson Canada Research Program. COVID-19 is having an impact on personal and business finances across the country, and Parkinson Canada is not immune. We encourage those who can to help ensure that we continue to fund the best in Canadian research through the ride.
How does it work?
When you ride in Pedaling for Parkinson’s: Go the Distance you’re committing to a meaningful distance and fundraising goal. Sign up and track your distance (either by manual entry or with Strava / Fitbit) to show your supporters your commitment to the cause. Then, share your personal page via email, social media and other tools to seek support.
Join us as part of a Nationwide Movement.
We challenge each of you to set a meaningful personal distance goal and work to achieve it as part of a 100,000 Kilometre goal nationwide - one KM for every Canadian with Parkinson’s.
Your fundraising support has an impact on the future of Canadian Parkinson's research, like that of Dr. Joel Watts - 2016 Pedaling for Parkinson's Research Grant recipient.